Monday, October 4, 2010

Wheel of Life

I feel it important for the words I say other places to be in one place so from an article in Kuro-Kuro entitled,
Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
October 4, 2010

below is my comment. The gentleman I responded to, I did agree with his statements. The whole article can be found at Kuro-Kuro the Presidents Website.

Mark and Merejen on October 4, 2010 at 4:36 am
Your comment is uncanny. Here in this small beautiful community, there are witch doctors or you guys have a name for them I don’t know what it is. I don’t believe in witch doctors personally, but many around me do. We had a store for a while and it was robbed of 40,000 pesos. I go over there and much to my surprise and dismay, they were there having a seance to find the guilty party. I told my wife that there would be no more of that from now on. But I do believe in life expecting payments for good or evil, you know, that “Wheel of Life”, kinda stuff? In our business there have been lots of people cheating us, taking advantage, lying to us, and stealing from us. Of those that did, 2 of them are now dead, 1 is paralyzed from a car accident after overcharging us for 3 phase transformers, 1 of them spent 3 months in the hospital after getting drunk and crashing his motorcycle, after he insulted my wife and made her cry when he asked for 20,000 pesos SOP and the time we didn’t even have money for food to eat, 1 lost his wife after stealing an entire harvest of Lokon, the list might just keep going on and on and on. I don’t want that. I came here as a friend, a helper, a companion, don’t stand in the way of a person like that, don’t put obstacles, that sometimes are cultural for you unknown for me, in my way that I must fight against. Wouldn’t it be so much better if we all worked together, in one accord, to solve problems at the root level. And from the way Life seems to keep spinning, wouldn’t it be better not to fool Mother Nature?

In response to another comment I wrote:

Mark and Merejen on October 4, 2010 at 5:37 am
I agree with you, but you know as I was thinking of a response, whether out of being tired or whatever, I could not recall the quoted verse, at least in what context it should be interpreted. Of course I easily remember the verse, and this is my most important point. The Bible must be interpreted. Even if it is written in a language you understand you have to read everything in context and in the correct frame of mind remembering the customs at the time of the writings. It’s one thing to read the Bible, important yes, but much different if you want to interpret the Bible. For instance: In the verse where Jesus tells us to turn the other cheek, in the custom of the time it was an insult to turn your right cheek up to someone. Old Baptist Ministers teach these deeper lessons, and some Baptist followers study History and the Bible, and put those interpreted lessons to use in their lives.

If  you were able to follow my replies to comments you would notice one glaring point, as people fought against me or for the wrong things, they were rebuked, as they agreed or made good points, lessons were offered as the response. Biblical truths, chastisement, redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to express any opinions about our businesses here or the way we deal with our neighbors. We will try our best to respond to all who make comments if you include an email address.

We are trying our best to support our community in every way we can. Sometimes we face struggles, which interferes with our timetable, but we can only do so much. Please be patient with us, we are doing the best we can.