Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sad

It saddens me at this moment to see the many problems faced here in the Philippines. But it saddens me even more that my Filipino neighbors and friends would let me stand alone in my fight against poverty caused by corruption.

I’m a fighter, for the last two weeks I have slept 1 or 2 hours in a 24 hour period, staying on the computer nearly around the clock trying to make a difference here for my friends and neighbors. So far only 2 of my friends who live here in the Philippines has shown any moral support, which is exactly equal to the Filipinos who have so far showed their support from the United States. 2 in each country. This is a battle that must be fought now. Not one community leader has offered even a kind word to me, nor the Governor of the Province, or the Congressman, no one.

Fighting corruption is dangerous, I have placed myself and my family at risk. What will this country say if a “Maguindanao Massacre” happens in Lianga, Surigao del Sur? Has there not been enough ridicule coming from the rest of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to express any opinions about our businesses here or the way we deal with our neighbors. We will try our best to respond to all who make comments if you include an email address.

We are trying our best to support our community in every way we can. Sometimes we face struggles, which interferes with our timetable, but we can only do so much. Please be patient with us, we are doing the best we can.