Thursday, October 7, 2010

Listening for that Still Small Voice


The Headlines are so ominous right now, I fear my friends that this struggle we have debated over for the last 20 days or so has escalated to an unexpected level. Over the last two days I’ve cried bitter tears of disgrace, remorse, and have cried out to my Lord and Savior to stay His Hand, while his dedicated warriors, the True Christians in this world, try to bring peace and calm to this struggle.

 An Over-the-Top, attack has been launched at the Holy Roman Church. It is both undeserved and unnecessary. Yes many mistakes have been made in the Philippines by the Church, but none deserves this kind of a commotion. We all need to step back, and listen for the still small voice of the Holy Spirit to guide us in solving these horrible problems. The problems here are monumental, but nothing that exists is impossible to defeat with God on our side, with His Son Jesus Christ standing with us, with the Holy Spirit guiding our footsteps.

Over the last few days as I saw this getting out of control, I searched day and night for anyone on the internet who would listen; I’ve contacted the Southern Baptist Convention, a 16 million strong group of Protestant Churches, His Holiness the Dali Lama, Christian Musicians in the US, Doctors without Borders, Scientist without Borders, my old country Church White Mills Baptist Church, friends, family, and loved ones back home, I’ve contacted a facebook page on Israel.

Just now while writing this my 4 month old daughter needed her daddy’s attention, and was brought screaming and crying to my arms. As I sat holding her against my chest, patting her back, cuddling her, touching cheeks and gently soothing her with my voice; It struck me that right now I must know how Our Father in heaven is feeling. So hurt by the needs of His children, so willing to hold us in His Loving Gentle Arms as He carries us during the most troublesome times in our lives. This country needs His Wise Understanding right now, we need His Grace.

A shadow of evil is beginning to appear, and it frightens me to death. I am a fighter, but with wise Christian values I always try to resolve, try to solve, try every last thing I can to prevent all fights in my life. Right now is when I will go to the ends of the earth to bring peace to this situation. I’ve written a 4 page letter to my Church family back home, asking for the prayers of people who I KNOW are good, devout, caring Christians. I have written more today than any other day of this struggle and I’m going on 36 hours straight this time. I’ve been reaching out to new acquaintances that I’ve met on the Presidents website Kuro-Kuro, such wisdom these fine Christians offer, and such solid support. Their moral support; buoy’s my soul to higher ground; my fingers touched the Hem of Jesus’ Robe, I feel the brush of Angels Wings.

My dearest friends, let’s stop this. There are answers to be found and with all the shouting and name calling we might miss that one thing that will bring peace, joy, and stability to this fine Nation. I offer up my prayers to Jesus that this will end:

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Be with us Dear Lord, our Pater; Loving Father God, watch over all of us, Your children and protect us from one another. Reach out Your Loving Arms, and bring us gently to Your Chest, and comfort us oh Lord. Let us start this day, to work on the problems facing this great Nation. Your Nation! and this World, Your World! Father God, send down that still small voice into each heart, not only here, but around the world. Let the Holy Spirit give our soul sanctuary. Sanctuary from a world seemingly gone crazy, out to recklessly abandon all hope to the evil one. I feel the work of Satan closing in around us all, I ask you; Dear Father, in the name of Jesus; to bind Satan and all his minions, hold back their wild commotions, and prove to them that you are still Master of this world, and the next. Bless us, oh Lord, who are standing strong in your faith, we Love You, and will always follow, You and Your guidance. We ask these things, and anything you might offer, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.   AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to express any opinions about our businesses here or the way we deal with our neighbors. We will try our best to respond to all who make comments if you include an email address.

We are trying our best to support our community in every way we can. Sometimes we face struggles, which interferes with our timetable, but we can only do so much. Please be patient with us, we are doing the best we can.