Friday, July 5, 2013

Troubling Times

At those times in my life when I was down and troubled the most, and nothing in this world can help lift me, I am!




Ecclesiastes 1:12-18

Meaningless Wisdom

 
1:12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13 I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven.
What a heavy burden God has laid on men!
14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
15 What is twisted cannot be straightened;
what is lacking cannot be counted.
16 I thought to myself, "Look, I have grown and increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge."
17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.
18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.



This is the Word of the Lord ... It is meant to change the way that we think, and the way that we live.

Commentary by Bob Pardue
What does Solomon mean when He Basically Says; More Wisdom equals More Grief?
Solomon is considered by most scholars to be the wisest man in the Bible. He devoted much of his life in study and learning but it seems the more Solomon learns about life, the more sorrow and pain he sees.
A big part of becoming wise (human wisdom) is gained by experiencing life whether it's good or bad. And, believe me, there are going to be bumps and rattles along the way!
You and I learn many times from our own mistakes which are often very painful and remain with us all the days of our lives.
This is the elusive human wisdom Solomon speaks of.
If we seek wisdom on our own, without God, we exaggerate the problems we have by seeing them more deeply.
God has all the wisdom and an eternal perspective that we can never achieve.
Seek wisdom from God by asking Him for advice in every challenge you face. You will be amazed at how much God knows!
Love in Christ
- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to express any opinions about our businesses here or the way we deal with our neighbors. We will try our best to respond to all who make comments if you include an email address.

We are trying our best to support our community in every way we can. Sometimes we face struggles, which interferes with our timetable, but we can only do so much. Please be patient with us, we are doing the best we can.