Monday, January 14, 2008

Barangay Development Plan

The development plan is still under construction, but in the interest of getting information on the internet I've set up a download from Google Groups for what we have finished so far. All of the information is exactly how it appears in the hard copy with additions where noted. This will be an ongoing operation for us as we intend to update more of the information later. We welcome any comments about the plan from anyone who might have suggestions or possibly complaints about some of the information. I'll tell you from personal experience that a lot of the information contained in the hard copy we were given is incorrect or at least less accurate than it should be. We do acknowledge that the task of preparing something like this can be monumental and our hats are off to those involved with the gathering of the information, and to be honest its a great start. Now we hope to keep the fire going and add information as it becomes available. The greatest thing about the internet rather than hard copy books is that you can continually update the information without going through the expense of binding a new hard copy booklet.
You can see the link under the heading Our Favorite Links, what you will get is a Word 2003 document download, it will open in Word 2003 and later, if anyone needs it in another format let me know and I'll gladly set that up as well, but with the changes that we are still making I don't want to do that unless it's needed. It would mean updating several files as we make changes rather than just the one. But if anyone cannot use Word to view it we will make it available in your selected format.
We hope everyone enjoys the information, and also I would like to invite you to take a look at Google Earth as we continue to add GPS located landmarks in this area. Just make sure you turn on Google Earth Community in the layer toolbar. Kansilad was my first post to the community and I would like to start adding many landmarks in the future. Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Dr Edgar A. AlosbanosOctober 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM

    Hello, Mark and Merejen,

    I came across your website only today, and am eager to read your development plan.

    Although I still am trying to figure out how to download a copy of the plan, I just would like you to know that work like this is essential to community development. I noticed that your archive's most recent posting was for 2011.

    Please continue posting more articles.

    I am Edgar Alosbanos of Datu Tangkilan, Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte. My e-mail is .

    If you have updated your development plan, please share a copy of it here, or kindly send me a copy through my e-mail address.

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to express any opinions about our businesses here or the way we deal with our neighbors. We will try our best to respond to all who make comments if you include an email address.

We are trying our best to support our community in every way we can. Sometimes we face struggles, which interferes with our timetable, but we can only do so much. Please be patient with us, we are doing the best we can.