Sunday, December 16, 2007

Have Mercy on my Derrière

Please in the name of all that is Holy, someone have mercy on me and fix the roads near Lianga. Coming from a rural part of the US, gravel roads did not really bother me much when I first came to the Philippines. But apparently when I first came here someone had thankfully put some rock on the road. To call the roads here gravel right now is a real stretch of the imagination.
The wife and I had to take a trip to San Francisco, Agusan del Sur today, and then over to her families home in St. Christine. I swear there are no rocks left on the supposedly gravel sections of the road. Dirt, pot holes, and mud puddles is all that remains. Surly to God if the government can’t afford pavement they could at least give us a little gravel to drive on. I’m sure that since Bachelor Lines has so many buses that make a mess of the road, if someone asked real nice they might fork over a few bucks to buy some gravel. Come on people, don’t you understand that the worse you let the roads get, the more it will take to get them back to something that can be traversed with a modicum of safety. Two places between Lianga and Barobo I had a deep fear that we were not going to make it. With the wife expecting I really don’t want to take the chance that we will have a crash, so please, may the power that be, fix the damn roads.
I did make note of another obstacle when traveling the roads here in the Philippines that you just don’t see in the US. Dogs here think they own the road, and must have a deep seated belief that they are indestructible. I almost taught one, that he indeed was not, scared the bejesus out of him and us.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract. Robert A. Heinlein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to express any opinions about our businesses here or the way we deal with our neighbors. We will try our best to respond to all who make comments if you include an email address.

We are trying our best to support our community in every way we can. Sometimes we face struggles, which interferes with our timetable, but we can only do so much. Please be patient with us, we are doing the best we can.